Step 1: Remove TweakBit Driver Updater or other suspicious programs from Control Panel:
- Go to the Control Panel.
“Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter:
- Uninstall software.
Click <Programs> and chose <Programs and Features>.
Once found, click to Uninstall TweakBit Driver Updater or related program.
Partial list of software related to TweakBit Driver Updater:
- DNS Unlocker
- Magical Find
- Space Sound Pro
- RoyalAds Policy
- Mac Free Converter
- Youtube Downloader HD
- DVDX Player 3.2
- Easy Media Converter
- Convert Files for Free
- Plus-HD 1.3
- Trusted Web
- Feven Pro 1.1
- Savings Bull
- HD-Plus 3.5
Look also for any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars, and search for suspicious software programs installed on the same date as the infection.
If you find any, right-click on them and try to uninstall.
However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step 2: Remove TweakBit Driver Updater from your browser:
<Note! The procedure varies depending on the version of the browser>
Go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced Tab and click the Reset button (make sure to select the Delete Personal Settings checkbox).
*please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
After Internet Explorer completes the operation, click the close button and then close IE in order for the changes to take effect.
Go to the following path (you can copy-paste it) and delete the entire folder “Chrome” with all the folders and files that are in it.
For Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\
For Windows Vista/7/8/10: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\
Alternatively, you can navigate to these folders by following these steps:
For Windows XP:
- Click on “Start” in the bottom-left part of the screen.
- Choose “Run“.
- Type %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\ and hit Enter.
For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
- Click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left part of the screen.
- Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ and hit Enter.
- At the top of the Firefox window (top-right corner), click the Firefox Menu button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Refresh / Reset Firefox button in the top-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Refresh / Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
- Delete any folders or files related to TweakBit Driver Updater by checking the following locations:
Step 3: Run an anti-malware scanner to validate cleaning was successful:
See instructions in the following article: